The project implementation and deployment stages are currently ongoing
- adapting the completed system to client requirements (e.g. hundreds of workflows, prescription packages and therapy recommendations)
- implementing numerous integrations with national, regional and individual client systems
- implementing technical environments
- validating translation work and terminology
- planning and launching a system maintenance and support organisation
The implementation process will ensure realisation of the features and guiding principles required for operational change with respect to both functionality and the overall system.
The system functionalities required for benefits identified in a utility analysis will be constructed in the course of implementation. The common service formats will also be agreed.
Agility in system adaptation
The selected core Epic system includes readymade workflows and content based on the best practices of more than 300 customers of Epic Systems Corporation. These features have played an important role in enabling system agility. It is much easier for social affairs and heath professionals to comment on completed examples than to set about specifying functionalities from scratch.
Having these professionals work with the application developers in the same team on a daily basis is also a key facilitator of agility, with most communication mediated through direct personal contact and not through documentation.
The implementation of the electronic health record system will begin towards the end of 2018 and continue through to the end of 2020
The first implementation will happen November 9th to 11th, 2018, and will concern the Peijas Hospital, as well as the Vantaa primary health care, and parts of the Vantaa social care services. The remaining Vantaa social care services will be incorporated in the next implementation.